Sunday, October 11, 2009

This is how good I am at updating things...

Well, of course a lot has happened. Most of it hasn't been too exciting, but I am bored, so you get to listen to me ramble. Most days have been a variation of cooking, cleaning, sleeping, cleaning, reading to kids, helping with homework, cooking, more cleaning.... you get the idea. Here are the other things that have happened:
We were told by Oliver's pediatrician that (in addition to all of the other issues like acid reflux and a cough that won't go away) Oliver is pretty delayed with his motor skills and perhaps in other ways. He was only a month early, but you wouldn't know it from all the issues he has had. So on September 4th, we started doing physical therapy. This is really not too bad, it's just basically having him do a lot of tummy time, and trying to prevent him from always looking to the right, which he likes to do.


So we are doing that a lot, just another thing to try to remember to do each day. Does that list ever get shorter??


Then on September 19th, we had a really fun day, which is funny because we basically spent it doing just about nothing. James wasn't working (miracle!!), but he had to do a lot of homework. So most of the day James sat at the table doing homework, I worked on a painting (also a miracle!), the kids also painted, and then went outside to play. It had rained earlier, the day before, I think.... This is how I found them:



These kids are nuts. The good news is we got revenge by hosing them off. The bad news is they liked that too. I am pretty sure this was Aurora's idea. It's always her idea....


We have also really been enjoying the trampoline I bought a while back.



How did I afford that, you ask?? Well I found it on KSL classifieds for $20. No joke. We had to sew some of the ring things back on, but other than that, it's perfect. At least it was until my kids tried to see if garden tools work on trampolines like they do on dirt. Ugh. We just can't have nice things. It's still pretty much ok.

I love the picture of James because our neighbors behind us also have a tramp and it looks like he jumped from way back there. :)


We also gave Oliver his first taste of solid foods. I think he liked it.


Then one sunday (I can't remember which) we had my sisters over for dinner after church. When we were looking for something to do after we ate, and ended up playing good ol' Pictionary. James doesn't usually look forward to this game. No one ever lets my sister Emily and I be on the same team because we rock. I draw a line and she says "space shuttle".... "RIGHT!" This happens more often than you might think. It's pretty funny. I guess we have the same brainwaves or something. Anyway, since Pictionary produces a lot of paper trash, we ended up turning our living room into forts and having a paper war. I am guessing this is what everyone will remember about that day.


And yes, my sister Brianna was stockpiling amunition in her shirt, and Aurora kept sticking her hand down Brianna's shirt so she could throw more. It was pretty hilarious! Then Brianna came over again because I asked her to watch the kids so James and I could go to the temple at 6am!! So she spent the night this past Thursday and Friday nights. I really enjoyed having time with her. She is getting married in the Sacramento LDS temple on January 2, 2010 (01/02/2010.... it's a palindrome, get it??) and I am going to be her maid of honor. Yes, maid of honor, not matron. You sticklers can just deal with it. It has been great helping her plan things and brainstorm, I feel like she is planning the wedding I wish I had. When I was getting married I got so fed up with planning I just chose the simplest cheapest things, and of course now I am regretting it. Especially since a good portion of our pictures didn't turn out. Anyway, I am so excited to see her making great choices and going to the temple. Plus, we'll get a trip to California.

We decorated some pumpkins when Brianna came over last. Kids make the funniest things!



Well, I hope everyone is doing great, love you guys!


No comments: