Friday, November 20, 2009

Thankful for...

I think since it's close to Thanksgiving I would like to publicly (to the very very few who might read this) proclaim everything I am so thankful for right now.
1. I am thankful for my husband. He is so kind in general, very forgiving of my neverending forgetfulness, fun to be around, does a fantastic job at his calling (and basically everything he does). He has almost no temper, which is a HUGE deal for me. He compliments me in all the best ways. He finishes everything that I start and get in too far over my head because I am too much of a perfectionist. He works hard every time I need help because I am feeling lazy or unmotivated or just exhausted from the kids. He's perfect for me.
2. I am so so thankful for my kids. Lately it has been such a joy for me to see them growing and learning. Cameron is in the beginning stages of learning how to read. I love love love that look of recognition on his face when he realizes what a word says. Aurora makes me laugh every day and I love seeing how her personality is turning out. She has in the last couple of weeks turned into a major complimenter, almost to the point of it being ridiculous. Every day, multiple times a day she says things like, "Mom, your hair is sooo pretty. I love that thing you are making, it is soo pretty. Thanks for dinner Mom, it was delicious (or scrumptious, or yummy, or my personal favorite: "scrummy"!) Mom you look so beautiful today. Mom I love your shirt." It really is so hilarious. I quite often have to hide the fact that I am going to bust up laughing from her complimenting me so much! And Oliver. I don't even know where to start on him. He is the sweetest best baby ever. He sleeps so well, doesn't cry too often, and he is such a Mama's boy. I love holding him and just cuddling. Seriously, what is better than that?
3. I am so grateful for the rest of my family. I love that my parents and Emily are so much closer so that we can see them more often. My kids love to go see their Grandma and Grandpa with Callie Kitty (as opposed to Grandma and Grandpa with Jon Jon... not sure what they'll be called when Jon ends up moving out eventually??) I am so so happy for Brianna and that I get to go to her wedding and meet her fantastic (so I've heard) fiance, and that the wedding gives me an excuse to see Jacob and Kiley, and lots more family and friends. And I am so happy that Brianna is happy and going to be able to go to the temple.
4. I am thankful for Eagle Mountain and all the fantastic people that live here. I absolutely love all my neighbors and friends.
5. I am thankful for good books, and hot baths, and ice cream, and especially combining those things.
6. I am thankful that Jayme invited me to go to the midnight showing of New Moon last night. It was so much fun!! They really could use better actors, but it was so fun to get out and goof around.
7. And on that note, I can't even adequately express how thankful I am for my husband's family. It makes me sad when I hear of people that don't get along with their in-laws, and I am so thankful that is not the case with me. They are all so great and loving and giving, and have become some of my closest friends. And I feel like my mother-in-law could be my own mom, I love her so much. And... who knew that when James and I were so young and I thought that his dad was scary, that really he is just a teddy bear. He is such a softie, especially when it comes to his grandkids. I love you guys!
8. I am thankful for good food in general, and I am thankful that a secret love for cooking awakened in me after I got married. I am thankful that my husband stuck with me through the first year of our marriage eating the most ridiculous meals because I had no idea how to cook! And I am so thankful that he is so easy to please. He loves everything I make, or at least says he does, and it makes me happy.
9. I am thankful for temples. I am thankful for the love and peace I feel there, being able to escape and spend time with James, and for the quiet. I am thankful that it always seems there is something new to learn, and I love sharing insights with James while we are there.
10. I am thankful for this time of year. I know it sounds cheesy, but I love it. I love seeing family more and playing games and eating too much.
11. I am thankful that James gets time off for holidays, since this wasn't always something we used to get. It would be REALLY cool if it was paid time off, but I guess you can't have everything. I am thankful he has a good job, and gets a paycheck every time he is supposed to get a paycheck. I am thankful that his work isn't trying to scam us or steal our money or get James to work for free. This is also something we haven't always been able to say.
12. I am thankful for personal time, hobbies and all that. And I am thankful for the talents the Lord has blessed me with. I really do enjoy all those little things. Painting, drawing, random crafty things....
13. I am thankful for my calling in church (cub scout secretary). I know it sounds weird, but I enjoy being a secretary. It's kind of fun to be the one in charge of keeping everything organized. I am strange, I know.
14. I'll end with.... I am just thankful for my life in general. I am thankful that I can look at everything and think, "I love this. I love my family. We are all healthy for now. I am actually having fun most days, and on my bad days James comes home and rescues me. Everything really is good."
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!

1 comment:

Utah Mom said...

Great list. I love my in-laws too. :) I hope you had a good Thanksgiving.